Today I went to my first ever cricket match - never thought I'd see the day......and I probably won't again either! I didn't really know what to expect, I went with a few of the boys I play football with and they were keen and good for telling me the rules and what it is all about. It was due to start at 2 but a rain delay meant it was delayed to 3.30 - wouldnt get that in footie! A few beers later and we were off - India batted first and were poor - all out for 149.....a terrible return I was informed and a quick innings of 3 hrs!!!!.......this match was the 5th match of a 5 match tour. India were 3 v 0 up so had already won the series so this was about pride for New Zealand. There were probably around 30000 fans at the match and the atmosphere was surprisingly superb. The Indians are very passionate about their cricket and must have made up about 75% of the crowd.....the bus out to the ground felt like being on a bus in Bombay I'm sure. New Zealand easily met the target and won the ODI - 5 and half hours and many speights later. Was a good day and glad I got to tick off the box! A bit slow for me......I'll stick to the golf and footie!
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment